Friday, September 17, 2010

Remains ::Denver::

============
Side note: http://www.nullco.com/TSN/ On repeat, at full volume.
============

Friday was pretty busy. Had to stop at work to handle some issue that had risen during my absence. Found out some co-workers and friends had taken ill. Not good. Went to the bank, washed some undies and whatnot. Uh, I think that's it.

Grabbed Mark and made our way to the airport.

Being Friday, the place wasn't banging. Well, it never really is. Saw this guy and his wife that was sitting in front of us in the lobby move, to get away from my line of sight, and drop his keys. He didn't notice. I immediately picked them up and returned his keys to him. What a fucking nightmare it would be to lose your keys at the airport, especially if you were returning home.


The flight was pretty entertaining. We were in the back with this group of about eight dudes on their way to some bachelor party getaway. When we landed, the groom was suppose to crawl all the way to the front in order to get his "wings". I didn't stay around for that. The stewardess's were even getting on the intercom announcing all this shit and just having a blast with them. Out of all the airlines I've flown on, Southwest seems to the most laid back.

=========================================

BLURRY BECAUSE ALICIA LIKES TO DO 90 IN A 70

Now this airport was banging. Wish I got in touch with A. before I left so I could have gone to the Starbucks she worked at and if someone there gave her shit, give them shit or a thumbs up. Fuck coffee.

So we stopped traffic and got in Alicia's caddy and made our way to Parker. Every time I visit, the town seems to be getting bigger. Buffalo Meat on the Street

She's moved since the last time I've seen her. Haha, when I would talk to her on the phone I would laugh at her because she always sounded like she was dying walking to her apartment from the parking lot. Oh man, my out of shape ass about passed out huffing and puffing my way to her third floor. Sorry Alicia, I now understand. ;-)

Meet up with the man of the house, Big Matt, then headed out to a late dinner.


Wow. I don't think I've been here since I was 16. Very surreal when the waiters would jump on tables then start dancing and singing. Alicia said I should tell them it was birthday. Fuck that, I had had enough.

From Dir en grey: Denver

:-(

===========================


From Dir en grey: Denver


Gorgeous Saturday

We sat on our asses nearly all of the day. Tried to decide whether to go to the Taste of Colorado or The Smokin Brew BBQ.

From Dir en grey: Denver

Looks like it was pulled pork to the head!!

From Dir en grey: Denver

Laying down some funk on the harmonica.
Had a bunch of samples and one humongous funnel cake. I was a mess.




==========================================

We dropped Matt off and made our way downtown. The Taste was messing up the traffic flow, luckily Cha knew the route ;-)

Found a comfy spot to park and made our way to the will call line. Ho smoke. It was a big turn out. Got our tickets and gave Cha and Mark the VIP passes. I wanted to share the experience.

Crazy, they were taking the VIP's in right when I got the passes. Close. Made my way to the end of the line.


From Dir en grey: Denver

Ah man, I'm waaaay back....wait!? Is that a Blockbuster? lol.

I think I ended up in front of the chick who drove all the way from Canada. The internet is unforgiving. I KNOW THINGS I SHOULDN'T

Do you remember the first thing you looked for when you got internet access??

I know it's all getting away and it comes to me as no surprise     
I know what's coming to me is never going to arrive     
Fresh blood through tired skin     New sweat to drown me in     
Dress up this rotten carcass just to make it look alive

====================================
VIP

Eh, heard it was good(the same).

--------------------------
Finally made it inside and found my way to the rail.....balcony rail!!
I had a secure spot with Alicia and Mark had himself a comfy spot in front of Die's rig. Cha got us water. Only $2!! HOB, with their $4 water. Wankers!
Sitting down on a barstool felt extremely weird and lame.

Evaline

I had been hyping up Evaline to both Mark and Alicia the whole time. "Oh they'll blow you mind with their energy." Don't think I ever found out what they thought of them. Well, I think Alicia was sick of the catcalls the drummer got after he took off his shirt. I'll admit, that was a nice looking chest and stomach.




Pretty much the same. Short and sweet.

Dir en grey

I had to get my ass off that stool. It was very difficult for me to concentrate on the onslaught that was going on onstage at first. Crowd was very distracting but in a good way. Finally got to spy on the shit happening in the back of the crowd. Some good shit.



Started off with Hageshisa to...

I thought, yeah this shit's going in a slightly different direction tonight.

A little later we got ROTTING ROOT. O_o

and closed that shit with Saku. Eat your heart out, city that got INCONVENIENT IDEAL.

lol....so anyways, Die seemed to be having some trouble that night. Really don't think they'll be using that roadie ever again.

THE GOODS

|ROTTING ROOT| GROWL!
|WATCHING THE SLAMMING| GODLIKE
|DIE WATER SLASH| AGAIN, QUENCHING
|STARING AT SHINYA WORK HIS SKILLS| A FIRST
|FINALLY TAKING ALICIA TO A DIR EN GREY CONCERT| Priceless and cheesy ;)

DIR EN GREY Setlist Ogden Theatre, Denver, CO, USA 2010, The Unwavering Fact Of Tomorrow (North American Leg)


From Dir en grey: Denver
Lick around divine debris
    Taste the wealth of hate in me
    Shedding skin succumb defeat
    This machine is obsolete


Soon as I took this photo it hit me, my ride was over.

=========================================

Apocalyptica

How does my sister know some of these songs. I'm out of the mainstream. The show was better then I remembered in Chicago. Stayed upstairs for about half, then made my way to buy some merch. Met up with Mark who said he had to get away from Paavo for some strange reason. He had managed to catch a Die pick.

At the booth some Mexican dude who was a little wasted was trying to speak Spanish to me. Que vas? That's all your getting out of me. Anyways headed back to the crowd. Man, shit's electric watching people enjoy a show. Loved it.

Over

Wendy's

----------------------------------------------


From Dir en grey: Denver

Lazy Sunday.

Alicia made everyone a hearty breakfast. My grandmother also made an appearance with a casserole.
NO AUNTS!
----------------------------------------------------------
From Dir en grey: Denver

Doing 90 again on a highway no one uses because it cost $2.50 to drive on it.
I thought this was America!

From Dir en grey: Denver
MURDEROUS BEAST

From Dir en grey: Denver

UNTIL THANKSGIVING :-)
(boy, do we look excited)


SPECIAL THANKS TO ALICIA AND MATT
ALSO
BERNIE, MAXWELL & _________







fin











No comments: