Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Remains ::Chicago::

The drive up to Chicago was simple to accomplish in those midnight hours. We stop at the same rest stop I had done so on a previous trip to catch some Zzzzzz's. Arrived at the hotel uh, around 5:00AM. Had to drive by the venue first and I saw those familiar cocoons of people huddled in their sleeping bags and blankets. :-)

The real cool thing about this Best Western was they didn't charge for parking. BIG selling point. I think I saw one hotel when I was trying to find one to stay at asked for $55. What gives people? Anyways I was ready to pay for another night because I wanted the feel of a bed but the clerk said if I waited till 7, I wouldn't be charged. Cool, came back at 7 but the room wasn't ready. I got to know that car real well that day. Finally at 9 i was able to check in.

Oh man the room was pretty damn spacious.

From Dir en grey : Chicago

In Chicago, it is mandatory you have a pizza.

Wham-mo. Kinda soggy but better than that shit I had about a month earlier.


Showered and slept till about 3. The concert was at 6 so the M&G was scheduled for 4:15.



From Dir en grey : Chicago

Stumbled across the Hampton Inn I stayed at back in 07

From Dir en grey : Chicago

Snowed like a bitch that day. Like to look back at my old xanga entries once in a while. Good times...

--------------------------------
Ok, got to the HOB and gathered my gear and was told for the second day in a row the wrong place to stand. Ha, confusion. Kinda surreal because there was rehearsal going on. Back in 07 when the band was rehearsing The Final everyone was singing along and the head security guy came out and told us the band needed everyone to shut up or they couldn't do the show. That same security guy was still there. He was much nicer this time around. :P

Hid my wallet chain in case I wasn't allowed to have one on. Chains hurt, fists don't. Stood patiently until it was time to head back.

VIP

When I got my VIP garb in St. Louis, Nora said to me, "Hey, I know you.". Like an idiot I tensed up and said, "Yes, I like to follow you." Christ! So that night she said, "Ah, it's you. Here you go again." Think I said something like, "Sorry" as a response. She seems to really have a good time with the crowds. Very upbeat and on top of her shit. Credit given.
Right, so we did the back and forth and got pictures. Once again Kyo was sincere with his handshake. Maybe it's because he wasn't wearing sunglasses like everyone else and I could make the eye connection.

Apocalyptica was still going on for quite sometime after DEG finished theirs. They were taking some pretty radical pictures with the fans. :-)

Evaline

During the drive up I listened to their CD's Orlando bought at the St. Louis show. Man it sounded so weak but that shit live was so much better. Some music is just like that. They were something to watch. Richard jumped down multiple times that night. Early one when he got in my face, I had my elbows on the rail and my arm was at his ass and I sorta grabbed it. That was the end of him stopping by my side.

One thing I found hilarious was during the set, vendors would walk by offering $10 beer or $4 water. GET OUT OF MY WAY! THIS AINT NO FUCKING BASEBALL GAME!!
House of Blues is so corporate. I also liked the PSA on crowd surfing.

Dir en grey

Come on now. Shit was beautiful. Sound was on par. Everything was just fucking correct this time around. They cut an Inward Scream and switched Obscure and 'Hageshsa to,' around. Other than that it was the same, shit just seemed heavier.




|Kyo in front of riser| WTF?! :D
|Kyo's mini bunny hop| HEHE
|Security's stretch yawn| LOL

Man, this was an amazing show. Band and crowd was just fucking giving it!



Apocalyptica

Ok, yeah, I did leave the venue after DEG in St. Louis. So yeah, I fucked up because oh my Jesus, is Apocalyptica something to experience. I was honestly moved by the performance. The singer just had that good ass rock n roll voice. Very loud and clear. I wish I didn't have to catch my flight to Denver that Friday or I would have drove to Omaha to see a full set. No bullshit.




---------------------------------------------


After the show we went to the huge McDonald's with an escalator. It was off when we got there. Little bummed by that. McFlurry time!!

Nothing beats the after concert feeling. Sore as hell, ears ringing, voice is jacked, weather doesn't effect you. Kinda want to cry. God bless concerts.

==========================================

The drive back went by quick. Listened to a ton of Howard Stern.
Man thinks he's god. Miss his show on E!




============================================

Kansas City was beautiful that Thursday night.


Next

To see a sister and finish my round of dates in Denver.




No comments: