Saturday, July 25, 2009

"I know we're not in Kansas anymore, Kansas City."


So it's time for me to type about the Mayhem Shows I went to in Kansas City and St. Louis to see Manson.
We woke up Hella early to pick up my brother and Joe's friend. It took us
forever since my brother lives fucking far from us. This would be his first
time seeing Manson. I'm not sure if he even really likes him but you have to
see Manson at least once because his shows are so great!

We got to Sandstone around 9 (I think), only a few cars were already there.
<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

We were waiting and they wouldn't
let anyone in the parking lot till 11:30. No one was really around so we stopped by QT and
I accidentally walked into a girl using the bathroom and her friend hugged me
because we all liked Manson.
When we finally got in the parking lot ( after paying $10!) I had to ask about the presale early entry line
and I was surprised they knew what I was talking about because usually we get screwed.
I saw people come out and were just giving away tickets to the show. Must of had really poor ticket sales.
We didn't have to wait very long before we were able to get in. I was disappointed to realize the
early entry was useless because they wouldn't even let you into the pit till 5pm. So I brought
some merch.
<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

I picked up these 2 shirts which by the way doesn't even have KC/Bonner Springs on it! The hat which is a good quality embroidered hat and a glow stick So we spent $100 on that shit and after the show I got a bootleg Mayhem shirt outside because the real ones didn't have the bands written on it.
<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

There wasn't shit else to do so we just waited in front of the gate till they would let us in the pit.
Also I hate Sandstone now because they made the pit a lot bigger and free for anyone to just go into. When I went to see Family Values it was totally better because they let us in the pit as soon as we came in and it was so small, it kept all the nuts on the fucking lawn! Fuck you Sandstone!!
It was chaotic by the time they were going to open the gate. They were just planning on opening it and letting everyone run in at once without checking tickets or anything. It was insane! When we were running in this girl even fell and her boyfriend started dragging her! Because of my terrible running skills we ended up on the barricade right where Twiggy was going to be. It was OK, hopefully I could hold the spot. As soon as the first band
"Bullet for my Valentine" came out, it went crazy!! All kinds of crowd surfers flying over my head! And that was only the first band!! The band even said it was the best crowd. By best crowd they mean fucking nuts!
After them was "Killswitch Engage" They had this big metal platform that blew fire out and the singer only walked over it like once so it was totally unnecessary. They had this funny guitar? player who was saying some funny shit. He was trying to get girls to flash their breasts and was calling us Kansas Titty. He was pretty funny.
Slayer came on after them I was getting totally abused and beaten trying to hold my spot it was the most brutal concert I have been to, but it actually wasn't as bad as deftones/direngrey but at least I was able to leave that show early! but this one I had to take the abuse so I could see Manson. I swear I had at least 50 people hit me in the back of my head from crowd surfing and for this one song it was non stop one after the other. If the weather wasn't so nice I probably would have passed out and died! ( It really was very nice weather)
Slayer was alright this time around and my brother was able to get a pick from Kerry King. I felt a few hit my face but didn't actually get one. After that ended we had been pushed farther away from Twiggy's Mic. :(
My feet couldn't even get on the ground. Again FUCK YOU SANDSTONE!

So finally Manson came out. It was super foggy. They went overboard with the fog, I could barley see him most of the time. Thought it was his way of hiding his fat or ruining peoples videos.

Set list
Intro
We're From America
Disposable Teens
Little Horn
Irresponsible Hate Anthem
Four Rusted Horses
Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon
The Dope Show
Rock Is Dead
Tourniquet
Sweet Dreams
The Beautiful People

When he came out he was in his "pirate" attire and the back of his jacket said "HELL, ETC."
The backdrop was the old thunderbolt American flag
Before little horn he mentioned how he had to leave early when that "riot" happened. pretty neat how he acknowledged that after all these years.
For hate anthem he wore an American flag and military helmet and threw the flag to the crowd
For rusted horses he had the burning bible light up when he says
"must of missed the sign that says it was a fire sale"
Armageddon he had these spot lights and ETC. signs he thew out and My brother got one of those too. But i am stealing it from him.

<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

The dope show he wore a little top hat and cool jacket, I think this is when twiggy kinda slipped a little
I was on Twiggy's side but he seemed so serious, not very interesting to watch him. I think maybe guitar is too much work for him.
Rock is dead he said something about "rocking out" with his "cock out" which is a part I didn't record because I started the recording too late.:(
Sweet dreams he came out with a mesh sheet over him like he did in the video.
For beautiful people he had his spotlight .
THE END
I only took one picture of Twiggy

<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

Also he like never threw out any picks
I upload this Video because this is when he said the part about Wizard of OZ
Manson you're a funny guy.








So I survived with many bruises on my chest and arms, back and a sunburn
after this show I really didn't think all this pain was worth the show because it seemed really short and he hardly came to our side and I couldn't even see Ginger in all that fog.
After we got out the show it took us a fucking hour to get out the parking lot!
Again FUCK YOU SANDSTONE!!! Seriously if another festival comes I am not going to Sandstone!

When we finally got home, somehow I found a Slayer pick in my house , it must of fell out of mine or Joseph's shirt.
Well Manson did good, it was just the place and the insane crowd I didn't like. I am getting too old for this, but St. Louis was a Much Much MUCH better show!

No comments: